The Chargers of Edison High School are pleased to announce the hiring of their new head football coach, Jeff Grady. Coach Grady comes to Edison after serving five years as a varsity football coach at Santa Margarita Catholic High School (SMCHS) in Santa Margarita, CA. Before his extensive college football and coaching career, Coach Grady also attended Edison High School where he played football for his now predecessor, Coach Dave White.
2017 Players of the Week coming after games start!
Dear Edison High School Football Parents,
I would like to personally welcome everyone to another year of Charger Football! I could not be more proud or excited to be back at Edison as the new head football coach. As has been the case for many years, the football program has been so successful because of its community feel (coaches, parents and players) and everyone’s willingness to pull in the same direction while also pushing your young men to achieve both on and off the field. It is imperative that we continue this relationship, as we strive to mold not only good student-athletes, but also men of character and integrity.
Football, unlike any other sport, is a metaphor for life. Through our ups and downs, successes and failures, our student-athletes are learning valuable life lessons seldom found in other arenas. Through these experiences, our student athletes will learn to persevere when they get knocked down, while understanding the importance of self-sacrifice for the overall betterment of the team, teamwork and commitment. As I like to tell our players, football is the ultimate team game and in order to achieve a common goal, everyone must be willing to be uncommon or different than the rest.
Finally, I would also like to address the influence you have on your child’s attitude towards academics and athletics. The positive leadership role you take at home will help inspire not only your child, but also others within our community. Please also keep in mind the following:
- Realize that athletics are part of the educational experience, with life-long benefits.
- Encourage your child to do their best, both on the field and in the classroom.
- Participate in positive cheers that encourage our student-athletes, and discourage any cheer that redirects the focus.
- Learn, understand, and respect the rules of the game. Respect the officials who administer the game and their decisions.
- Respect the coaching staff and the decisions they make. Support them as they strive to educate and mentor our youth.
- Respect our opponents as student-athletes, and acknowledge them as they strive to do their best.
- Get involved with the Football Booster Club activities.
If we work together, we can further insure the success of our student athletes in the classroom and the playing
Thank you for your support.